I love Christmas movies. Do you? I’ve watched my share of Lifetime and Hallmark Christmas movies the last couple of weeks. Some of them I just adore and could watch over and over, and others I’m pretty much ok with never seeing again. Ha!
I love that they all end up with a happily ever after ending, thank heavens Nicholas Sparks doesn’t write Christmas movies. Can you even imagine? Santa’s sleigh would probably run over the girl, or the guy would die in some horrible house fire due to bad Christmas lighting. Oh, Nicholas please don’t write Christmas movies!!
Some of my favorites are…
5. Christmas with the Kranks. Stephen and I read John Grisham’s Skipping Christmas to each other for years before this movie came out. It was a fun little tradition we had. We would read it on our way home for Christmas, oh the memories. This movie is a hoot. Sweet, funny, and touching. Love it!
4. Family Affair. I had never seen the original of this movie until this year. Robert Mitchum was such a hunk! I usually love the remake better than the original, but not in this case. But I know I’ll watch both of them whenever they’re on!
3. Shop Around the Corner. Do you know this one? Jimmy Stewart. You’ve Got Mail is taken from this movie. It’s quaint and funny. We love it!
2. Miracle of 34th Street. Well, of course I mean it’s a classic! Both the original and the latest one, the one made in the 80’s not so much.
1. Elf. Will Farrell as an elf! Of course! It is so funny, we laugh until we can hardly breathe.
1. (I can have two #1’s) Christmas Vacation. Duh! Is there a better one? No! My kids quote this movie all year long. They crack me up!
Christmas in Connecticut. Stephen’s favorite and it is really great, I probably should have made a top 10 list instead of a top 5 with two #1’s.
A Very Merry Mixup. This is new this year, I think, and we really like it. Such a fun little situation the characters find themselves in. If you get a chance to catch it on Hallmark, DVR it.
Deck the Halls. This one has Matthew Broderick and Danny Devito. So funny and I also like Battle of the Bulbs on the Hallmark channel.
So, which ones are your favorites?