It’s an election year, do you know what that means? It’s Leap Year! An extra day has been given to us so let’s do something special with it.
An Extra Day!
It’s a special gift, even though it’s a Monday this year. Let’s do something special with the day. Here are some ideas for how to spend our extra day, February 29!
1. Fold clothes for a foster family.
2. Donate $29 (for the 29th) to your local pregnancy resource center.
3. Volunteer at a local elementary school.
4. Pay for the car behind you in the drive-thru line.
5. Take a dessert to your local Fire Department.
6. Write letters to soldiers overseas.
7. Volunteer at an animal shelter
8. Pick up trash at a park.
9. Leave quarters on washing machines at a laundromat.
10. Donate $29 to your church’s missionary orginazation (IMB, NAMB)
11. Provide dinner for a foster family.
12. Leave an extra tip for your waiter/waitress at lunch/dinner.
13. Have a special dinner just for your family, no electronics allowed.
14. Send your child’s teacher, counselor, principal, school secretary a note & gift.
15. If you know someone that has a birthday on the 29th, take them a cake, a balloon, or a gift! It’s a once-every-29 years-day.
16. Take a sweet treat to the police department.
17. Invite a neighbor over for dinner.
18. Stick a $5 bill and a nice note in a Redbox movie you’re returning.
19. Send cute cards to patients at a children’s hospital.
20. If it’s your garbage day, leave a sweet treat or a canned Coke for your garbage guys.
21. Leave a nice card, or a sweet treat for your mailman.
22. Visit an elderly person that doesn’t have family nearby.
24. Send a giftcard to your pastor.
25. Have family game night.
26. Take a sweet treat to a neighbor.
27. Volunteer at a food pantry.
28. Smile at everyone you see.
29. Pray and read your Bible for 29 minutes longer than you normally do.
Let me know how you spend your extra day this year!
2 thoughts on “An Extra Day!”
that was so fascinating i will share itSecurity Guards Cherry Hill
Wow interesting! !!first i was read this article i was amaze,hope many readers you may help.. Goodluck!!He found Santa Barbara Clear Braces