I know this is more than just my blog. But today I am going to hijack it to play in a scavenger hunt with the preachers wife and her friends. I’m going to answer some questions and hope to win!!!!!!!
1. My name is Julie. I also go by Jules, Julia, Ju, and I will soon be called JuJu by Henry, my nephew to be!
2. I live in Arkansas and always have but have only lived in Lincoln county for three years.
3. My wonderful hubby is the Pastor of our church. How about that for a lofty title!
4. I have already answered this question in #2, but we have been at this church for three years (well, three years and 15 days!)
5. Yes, I have children. The lights of my life, the laughter in my soul, the stealers of my sanity are Samuel who is 12, David who is 8, Daniel who is 8, and Anna Kathryn who is 5.
6. We have been married for 16 years, and have lived in seven different houses. Not bad for being in the ministry! But have served at 2 churches for 5 years each!
7. I cook Sunday lunch most of the time, unless my in-laws come to town. When they come to visit, for some reason we always eat out. I used to think it wasn’t my cooking, but now I’m pretty sure it IS my cooking!
8. I am usually on time for Sunday School and church. I get the kids ironed, fed and out the door and am there by the time my class starts. I never hardly make it to the older people’s Sunday School class before they start though. When the bulletin says Sunday School starts at 9:45, those people read it, believe it, and act on it! My class? We start at around 10:00-10:15.
9. I love to watch The Duggers on TLC. Isn’t that sad? I am just amazed at them. They love their family, they run around, they are loud and rambunctious, and they take care of each other.
10. I like to watch The West Wing in the mornings. It is on for two hours almost every morning. It goes against everything that I hold to be true, but I like it. I can’t help it
11. My most annoying church related pet peeve? I’m sure I have many, but right now it is people dying! People dying during the holidays, while I’m on a romantic weekend get-away, or when I have tickets to a ballgame. Is that bad, sorry if seems insensitive. I don’t mean it to. It is just the correct answer to the question!
12. The one thing I need to throw away is the fur coat I got from my dad when I was 12. I have no need for it, but can’t bring myself to get rid of it.
13. I don’t know if Coke is a food, but I can’t live without it! I mean I. cannot. live. without. a. daily. can. of. Coke.
14. I currently live in a parsonage. It is the most wonderful house. If we ever move from here I would like to take it with us. It is beautiful on the outside, and roomy and wonderful inside. Can you move a brick home?
15. The question is :Freak when the doorbell rings or always ready for a visitor? I am mentally always ready for a visitor, but my house is NEVER ready for a visitor. Even when the visitor is expected. I can never get this place clean. ( That should explain why on number 14 I didn’t say it was beautiful on the inside!)
So, there you go. I’m now entered in the scavenger hunt and you know more about me than you even thought to question.