I know this is more than just my blog. But today I am going to hijack it to play in a scavenger hunt with the preachers wife and her friends. I’m going to answer some questions and hope to win!!!!!!!
1. My name is Julie. I also go by Jules, Julia, Ju, and I will soon be called JuJu by Henry, my nephew to be!
2. I live in Arkansas and always have but have only lived in Lincoln county for three years.
3. My wonderful hubby is the Pastor of our church. How about that for a lofty title!
4. I have already answered this question in #2, but we have been at this church for three years (well, three years and 15 days!)
5. Yes, I have children. The lights of my life, the laughter in my soul, the stealers of my sanity are Samuel who is 12, David who is 8, Daniel who is 8, and Anna Kathryn who is 5.
6. We have been married for 16 years, and have lived in seven different houses. Not bad for being in the ministry! But have served at 2 churches for 5 years each!
7. I cook Sunday lunch most of the time, unless my in-laws come to town. When they come to visit, for some reason we always eat out. I used to think it wasn’t my cooking, but now I’m pretty sure it IS my cooking!
8. I am usually on time for Sunday School and church. I get the kids ironed, fed and out the door and am there by the time my class starts. I never hardly make it to the older people’s Sunday School class before they start though. When the bulletin says Sunday School starts at 9:45, those people read it, believe it, and act on it! My class? We start at around 10:00-10:15.
9. I love to watch The Duggers on TLC. Isn’t that sad? I am just amazed at them. They love their family, they run around, they are loud and rambunctious, and they take care of each other.
10. I like to watch The West Wing in the mornings. It is on for two hours almost every morning. It goes against everything that I hold to be true, but I like it. I can’t help it
11. My most annoying church related pet peeve? I’m sure I have many, but right now it is people dying! People dying during the holidays, while I’m on a romantic weekend get-away, or when I have tickets to a ballgame. Is that bad, sorry if seems insensitive. I don’t mean it to. It is just the correct answer to the question!
12. The one thing I need to throw away is the fur coat I got from my dad when I was 12. I have no need for it, but can’t bring myself to get rid of it.
13. I don’t know if Coke is a food, but I can’t live without it! I mean I. cannot. live. without. a. daily. can. of. Coke.
14. I currently live in a parsonage. It is the most wonderful house. If we ever move from here I would like to take it with us. It is beautiful on the outside, and roomy and wonderful inside. Can you move a brick home?
15. The question is :Freak when the doorbell rings or always ready for a visitor? I am mentally always ready for a visitor, but my house is NEVER ready for a visitor. Even when the visitor is expected. I can never get this place clean. ( That should explain why on number 14 I didn’t say it was beautiful on the inside!)
So, there you go. I’m now entered in the scavenger hunt and you know more about me than you even thought to question.
17 thoughts on “Scavenger Hunt Answers”
I suppose I am honored that you are hanging on to the $875.00 mink.Just think what it would cost if I had to buy it on today's market !I also have a prized possession given to me by those two lights of my life, Julie and Abby. Remember my 49th birthday (I realize some memories don't go back that far)?You and Ab gave me a San Francisco 49ers pullover for my birthday. I wasn't really a \”9ers\” fan but at least they were winning big back then with several super bowl titles. Now when I wear it, I see people snickering and saying stuff like, \”Can you believe that guy is a 49ers fans. They can't beat a drum.\” Well, all I can say is,Mike Singletary will bring them back and people will be wanting to buy my pullover on ebay. It, however, \”AIN'T FOR SALE.\”Yo Daddy
LOL You crack me up at your pet peeve! I hear ya and understand!
People dying! Haha! That is funny!
I am relieved that you are so honest to admit that pet peeve. My husband is a pastor AND a hospice chaplain. I also used to work as a hospice social worker. I never want to be insensitive, but God does have a way of calling people home during those times, doesn't He??
people dying! oh wow. I think only a pastor's wife would understand that one!!!! Everyone else would just think we are 'dark'!
I am just the sister-in-law of the said pastor and people dying is my pet peeve. They always die right at the time we have family gatherings. So annoying.And Jules, you failed to list Conan as one of you nicknames!AJL
You crack me up! People dying is totally understandable to me! This year ON our anniversary we had to do a funeral for a very bad man who molested his 14 year oldson, who in turn shot him! The two families nearly came to blows with lots of screaming and yelling during the service. You can't make this stuff up folks!Most un-romantic anniversary ever!
Thanks for sharing a little about yourself. You sound so fun! I watch the Duggers too.
Your pet peeve is hilarious and sad all at the same time! My husband has done, I think, 6 funerals in the last two months. We are HUGE college football fans, and we always tell our church folk (jokingly, of course) to please not die on Saturdays! Luckily, for the most part, they've listened:)
Hahaha! If your pet peeve is insensitive then what does that make me for laughing out loud!?! 🙂
Now as a PW, I understand the need for our children to look nice and neat at church but I think ironing your children is taking it a bit too far! ;PI love the Duggars too and don't even get me started on dying people! LOL!!!Nice to 'meet' you.
Oh. My. Word. People dying when I'm trying to unwind/relax/get romantic is so annoying… lol!! 🙂 PW humor rocks!
I am laughing my butt off – and that's a lot of laughing..LOLFirst, I love that your dad comments on your blog. And $875? Girl, I'd hang on to that coat too! And people dying?? I'd almost rather them go ahead than tease you the entire vacation. This year we had one on the brink the entire time so we were just perched on ready thinking we'd have to leave at anytime. I guess I am glad they held off til we got back…LOLOLNo one would find this conversation funny but us!!
Julie – Girlfriend and fellow PW, I'll agree – death has messed up many a family event… I completely understand. The other day I was talking with a friend and she asked how my husband was and I said, \”he's worn out, he had a death call,\” and she said, \”WHAT?!?!\” I had to explain – Hilarious! This is a fun idea Lisa had.I've enjoyed reading the blogs!Take care,\”Georgia Jan\”
Isn't this so much fun. It's nice to get to know you!-Cathy
Fun answers.My husband grew up in AR. We lived there the first 5 years of our ministry. in Camden. Know where that is?
ok.. WHERE in Camden did you serve, pray tell???We are going there for Thanksgiving. My inlaws live on Hwy. 79 south… just sw of town. We lived on Peppertree Lane not far from First Assemby of God. Can't remember the name of the main st. it was off of… it was 20 years ago when we left!!